Real Food. Real Science. Real Nutrition.
Our Process - How it's made
Our process is simple, and we’ll happily break it down for you.
How do you get all of that produce into six capsules?
At Balance of Nature, the nutritional value of the produce within the capsules of our Fruits & Veggies is of utmost importance. Through much research, we have discovered the best possible way to get our produce from the earth to your body while losing little, if any, nutritive value. In fact, in the end our process actually delivers produce with a higher nutritive value than what you consume from any store.
Produce goes from the earth to your doorstep in ten steps:
1. Produce is grown without chemicals or GMOs.
2. The produce is picked at the peak of ripeness.
3. Every edible part of the fruit and/or vegetable is used, and the water is removed. In this step, every effort is made to avoid heat, air, and light—elements that can oxidize produce. Flash drying removes the water in more than 90 percent of the produce found in Balance of Nature. In this procedure, extreme cold facilitates the removal of the water, while a vacuum process simultaneously removes the water and air within a dark chamber.
4. The dried produce is independently tested for pesticides, bacteria, heavy metals, and nutritional content. We accept nothing but the best and purest food.
5. As the various produce arrives at our facility, it is tested on site for color, taste, and smell. This is an important test because phytonutrients are the color, taste, and smell of fruits and vegetables. If Balance of Nature technicians find the dried produce to be beautiful in color, rich in flavor, and clearly smelling of the fruits and vegetables they are, they are accepted for the Balance of Nature proprietary blends. The produce is rejected if these properties are not sufficiently present.
6. The top-quality produce is ground into extremely fine powder. This grinding step is very important in the production of Balance of Nature Fruits & Veggies. It is not just about getting the produce as concentrated as possible so that it can get into the capsules. When we eat produce, we chew it first to increase surface area, thereby increasing nutritional absorption. However, there is much nutrition left behind in the fibrous pulp we swallow. Our bodies use what they can from the chunks of food, and the rest is used as fiber. Dr. Howard’s goal in creating Balance of Nature was not meal replacement, but absorption of nutrients that would reach 100 percent. This premastication, or pre-chewing, is key to this goal.
7. The fine powders are combined into two respective blends of sixteen different fruits and fifteen different vegetables. Each fruit and veggie in our blends was scientifically selected and combined for the optimal effect. Which ones made the cut? Aloe vera, apple, banana, blueberry, cherry, cranberry, grape, grapefruit, lemon, mango, orange, papaya, pineapple, raspberry, strawberry, and tomato and vegetables broccoli, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, cayenne pepper, celery stalk, garlic, kale, onion, Shiitake Mushroom, soy bean, spinach, wheat grass, sweet potato, and zucchini.
8. The blended powder is encapsulated into vegetarian capsules without the assistance of flow agents or any other added chemistry.
9. The capsules are polished, counted, bottled, sealed, and labeled.
10. The bottles are conveniently delivered to your door!
How many servings of fruits and vegetables are in the capsules?
When you take the recommended daily serving of three Balance of Nature Fruits and three Veggies, your body receives the equivalent nutrition of the recommended servings of a variety of thirty-one different fruits and vegetables. It’s like eating a huge fruit salad and a huge vegetable salad.
Does the phrase “nutritional equivalence” sound like it could be a trick? It is not a trick. This is how it works:
1. A balanced recipe. Think of an orange. An orange represents one serving. Once the orange has been flash dried and ground into powder, it will be in the volume of about one teaspoon. Everything is there except the water and the air. Perhaps a fraction of this teaspoon would be found in a daily serving of Fruits. The scientific blend, or recipe, developed by Dr. Howard does not use a full serving of each fruit and vegetable. Through trial and error, research, and experimentation, a precise and balanced combination was discovered. This balance is what gives us the wonderful results we enjoy today.
2. Locked-in nutrition. Our produce is powdered after an advanced vacuum-cold process which stabilizes the maximum nutrient content. The unique processes we use to remove the water and air from the produce locks in nutrition from the fruit and vegetables. For details on these processes, see “How is the produce processed?”
3. Increased surface area. With some of the fruits and vegetables you eat, as little as 5 percent of the available nutrition will be absorbed because it has not been properly masticated, or chewed. For example, when we eat an apple we chew it; but it’s still swallowed in chunks. To some degree this inhibits the absorption of the nutrients within the apple. Because Balance of Nature Fruits & Veggies capsules contain highly nutritious produce ground into extremely fine powder, the absorption of the nutrients is greatly increased. The more total surface area there is, the more efficiently your body can harvest that wonderful nutrition and use it in building a strong health triad, thus improving overall health. When ground finely, the produce in Balance of Nature Fruits & Veggies has far greater total surface area from which to draw nutrition than does produce that has just been chewed normally.
A balanced recipe, locked-in nutrition, and increased surface area ensure that Balance of Nature delivers produce with higher nutritive value than produce consumed from the store.
As a company, we promise to continue producing the best, supplements processed in a way that maintains the integrity of our products.